Documents Required for Opening Demat Account
Demat Account is work similarly like Banking Account. Demat Account is also strong part of Financial transaction now days. After compulsory of Share Certificate in Demat Form for trading in stock market. Demat Account popularity increased as well as requirement of Demat account also increased. Now days Mutual Fund as well as insurance policy and Home loan document also you can hold in Demat form in DP. Following Documents are compulsory to Open Demat Account.
Read more: How to Open Demat Account?
For Open Individual Demat Account Documents Requirement:
- Pan Card – Pan Card is Compulsory to open Demat Account in India.
- Proof of Identity: (Any of Below Documents)
- Voter ID Card
- Driving Licence ( Valid )
- Any Government Identity Card with Photo provided by Central Government or State Government
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of Residential Address (Any of Below Documents)
- Bank Statement with latest Entry
- Valid Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- House Tax Bill
- Proof of Address provided by Central Gov. or State Gov.
- Bank Statement with MICR code or Cancel Chq
- Photograph – All Account holder latest photograph required.
- Account Opening Form
- Photograph of Account holder fixed in Account opening form with Cross sign
- Duly filled with required details and sign of all account holder or Sign and seal of Karta ( in – HUF )
Open Free Demat Account
For Corporate Demat Account Opening Documents Requirement:
- Pan Card – Company Pan Card Required to open Corporate Demat account in Company name.
- Proof of Identity – Director / Promoters: (Any of Below Documents)
- Pan Card of every Director / Promoters
- Voter ID Card of every Director / Promoters
- Driving Licence ( Valid ) of every Director / Promoters
- Aadhar Card of every Director / Promoters
- Copy of last 2 yr Balance sheet
- Copy of MOA , AOA if company is pvt limited or limited
- Copy of Board Resolution to open Demat account
- All authorities specimen signature.
- Share holding pattern Copy with Duly sign by all directors or authorised person
- Proof of Address (Any of Below Documents)
- ROC Certificate of Company
- Leave and License agreement with Duly sign by all directors or authorised person
- Company Telephone bill with Duly sign by all directors or authorised person
- Electricity Bill with Duly sign by all directors or authorised person
- Company Bank Statement with latest Entry
Read more: How Demat Account Works?
Who is Exempted for PAN?
- Investors residing in the state of Sikkim.
- In case of institutional clients, namely, FIIs, MFs, VCFs, FVCIs, Scheduled Commercial Banks, Multilateral and Bilateral Development Financial Institutions, State Industrial Development Corporations, Insurance Companies registered with IRDA and Public Financial Institution as defined under section 4A of the Companies Act, 1956, Custodians shall verify the PAN card details with the original PAN card and provide duly certified copies of such verified PAN details to the intermediary.
- UN entities/multilateral agencies exempt from paying taxes/filing tax returns in India.
- In case of transactions undertaken on behalf of Central Government and/or State Government and by officials appointed by Courts e.g. Official liquidator, Court receiver etc.