List of Top 10 Stock Brokers in India 2020
Indian Broking Industry among top growing sector in Financial domain. More then 150 + stock broker has Pan India Presence they offer different plan and product to place them in top 10 stock brokers in India. Investallign the best stock broker presents a list of top 10 stock brokers in India. If you are looking for top 10 stock broking companies then your search ends here.
The Bombay stock exchange established in 1875, BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange and words 11th largest stock exchange. With started BSE has 22 stockbrokers now more then 2000+ stock broker register in BSE & NSE ( National Stock Exchange ). NSE established in 1992. 1st demutualized exchange. NSE was set up by a group of leading Indian financial institutions at the behest of the government of India to bring transparency to the Indian capital market.
Looking for the best stock broker in India? There are many parameter and metrics on basis will check who is top 10 stock brokers in India.
- Customer base ( Client base )
- Trading Platform – Trading terminal
- Back office
- Leverage and exposure
- Company creditability
- Market advisory
- Products they offer
- Customer support
- Pan India Presence
Above points will need to consider to filter Top 10 Best stock broker in India in 2020.
Find Best Stock Broker For You
Best Stock Broker in India
List of top 10 share brokers in India – UCC Activation List ( Source : NSE )
|1||ZERODHA BROKING LIMITED||ONLINE D||165586||602493||847016||1414376|
|2||ICICI SECURITIES LIMITED||Banking Broker||618359||798355||844853||1075956|
|3||HDFC SECURITIES LTD.||Banking Broker||483244||535003||674495||720150|
|4||RKSV SECURITIES INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED||ONLINE D||17229||45757||81166||619305|
|5||ANGEL BROKING LIMITED||#N/A||230194||363663||415572||576414|
|6||KOTAK SECURITIES LTD.||Banking Broker||273895||368638||409619||571806|
|8||5PAISA CAPITAL LIMITED||89996||434036|
|9||MOTILAL OSWAL FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED||OFFLINE/ONLINE||207194||307647||328145||377123|
|10||AXIS SECURITIES LIMITED||Banking Broker||259006||404769||416707||270462|
Compare top 10 online stock brokers in India
Zerodha leads the chart in discount brokers in India it has a client base of 23 lakh clients they charge flat Rs 20 per exe order and the are the few with their own in house software pi and chart base trading. With UCC activation of 1414376 Zerodha is largest Broking house in India. Best Retail Stock Broking Award Winner by NSE 2018
- 1st Discount Broker in India. Pioneer of Discount Broking concept in India.
- Zero Delivery Brokerage in Equity segment &Rs 20 or 0.01% whichever is lowest Brokerage in F&O , Commodity and Currency segment.
- Zerodha Kite – Pi – India’s best Trading Platform for Active trader. Zerodha kite web, mobile available in Android as well as IOS. Pi – exe base trading platform where you can code , scan , back test your trading strategy before you apply in stock market
- Zerodha – Varsity offer you in-depth knowledge about stock market trading. How to read balance sheet, how to trade in option market , how to find best pair – trading stocks , Trading and money management methods and many more.
- Zerodha – Coin India’s 1st Direct investment mutual fund product offered by stock broker. Where you can save upto 28 lacs in 25yrs. ( calculation base on exp difference between direct mutual fund and regular mutual fund )
- Kite – Connect India’s 1st Eco system where you can create your own trading platform and trade directly from there with help of KITE API.
- 23 Branch Network and 6 Support call n trade offices you can reach easily. 1000+ support staff ever-ready to help you in your query.
- Zerodha Lead the chart with 6 lacs client base with 3% market share.
- ZerodhaTop 10 stock brokers has Branchs in Mumbai , Delhi , Gujarat’s Major Cities
Rating 4.5 / 5( Lowest Brokerage and Best Trading terminal )
#2: ICICI Direct
ICICI Direct is a Banking Equity Broker being a Banking Broker he enjoy Brand value, with 2nd highest account in equity market ICICIDirect leading in chart in UCC activation in 2017 ( Source : NSE ). In 2000 Icici Bank started its broking arm ICICI direct. High Brand value allow ICICIdirect to charge high brokerage. ICICIDirect offer Bunch of Product to their client – equity , derivatives , currency , MF , Insurance, FD/Bonds , Loans , Elocker , NPS if we consider products they offer then ICICDirect top of the chart. ICICIDirect is Top 10 stock brokers who has HO in Mumbai.
- 3 – IN – 1 Account
- Rs 30 – 100 Per lot Option Trading Commission
- 03% – 0.05% Intraday Future Trading Commission
- 30% – 0.50% Delivery Brokerage
- Wing range of investing products
- More then 100 location presence in India
- Trade Racer – Online Trading Platform
- Learning Online Classes where you can learn about stock market.
- 975 Rs 3 – in – 1 Account opening charges and Rs 500 AMC
Rating – 3.5 / 5 ( High Brokerage and Transaction Charges )
#3: HDFC Securities
HDFC Securities is another Banking Broker who enjoy Banking Client base and High Brand Value. 2002 HDFC Securities started in Broking business more then 200 Branches and 720150 active Client Base ( NSE- March 20 UCC data).
- 3 – in – 1 Account Opening
- Wide Range of Product – EQ , FX , MF , Insurance, Loans
- 200 Branches all over India Presence
- ProTerminal – Advance Trading terminal with annual charges 1999
- 999 Rs account Opening charges
- 03% to 0.05% Intraday Brokerage
- 30% to 0.50% Delivery Brokerage
- In-depth Research report and tools
- Online Class room – stock market training
Rating 3.5 / 5( High Brokerage and Transaction Charges and AMC for Trading Terminal
Upstox is new Brand name of RKSV Securities Pvt Ltd.
Upstox is one of the leading discount broker in India. More then 619305 Active customer put him on 4th place in Indian Broker Ledge.
upstox has their own mobile software with trading, fundtransfer,chart base trading they charge flat Rs20 brokerage and zero delivery brokerage .
- Rs 20 Lowest Brokerage in all Segment
- Free Delivery Brokerage – NSE , BSE
- Own frontend trading platform – Upstox Pro – Web & Mobile
- Mutual Fund Investment Platform
- Average Customer support
#5: Angel Broking
Angel Broking is one of leading traditional broker in India. Angel Broking founded in 1987, Currently Angel has 415572 active clients (2017 – Source: NSE )
- Option Trading Brokerage rates vary from Rs 30 – Rs 50 per lot.
- Future Trading Brokerage rates 0.01% – 0.05% on traded volume.
- 3x Intraday exposure in Nifty Future & other active Futures.
- More then 200 support office all over India
- ARQ automated recommendation engine for new investor.
- Angel offer mobile trading , web trading , Angel Broking Speed Pro .
Rating : 3.5 / 5 ( Avg Customer Support , High Brokerage , Avg Trading web terminal )
#6: Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities is like other banking broker Kotak Securities has good client base. Kotak is one of the oldest stock broker in India. Kotak offer 3 – in – 1 Demat Account which cashing its high brand equity in banking business. Kotak Bank is one of the best Brand in Private Banking Sector.
- Competitive Brokerage plan Compare to other Banking Broker
- Margin Funding available – Delivery
- Happy Hours – 50% Brokerage off between 1 pm to 2 pm.
- Double or Quits – Pay 1 paisa in loss and double brokerage in profit
- 50 times intraday limit in selected stocks
- Best Research Team and Proven track record.
- Rs 750 account opening charges &Rs 500 AMC
- 1200 + Branch Network
Rating : 4 / 5 ( Trading Terminal not that user friendly and Brokerage high compare to discount broker )
Sharekhan is one of the oldest equity Broker in India. And pioneer in the internet base online broking in India.Sharekhan started in 2000 , Member of NSE, BSE , MCX , MCX-SX AND NCDEX. Sharekhan top of 5 stock broker in india with 548873 Active client in NSE. ( UCC data NSE Source ).
- Sharekhan is one of the oldest Broker in India
- 01% to 0.05% Intraday Brokerage Charges
- 10% to 0.30% Delivery Brokerage Charges
- Trade Tiger – is one of the best Trading tools / terminal in Indian stock market.
- More then 700 + Branch Office – Partner office in India
- Best Broker for Beginner trader – in-depth research and Relationship manager support for beginner
- Regular Market inside as well as advisory in Commodity Market
- MCX Account Opening Charges – Rs 500
- MCX Brokerage Charges 0.01% Intraday Brokerage ( High compare to other Leading Discount Brokerage )
- 2 times Leverage In Intraday ( Low Compare to other Leading Broker
#8: 5 Paisa
5paisa is is backed by one of the leading financial services companies IIFL , Discount Broking Arm of India Infoline. 434036 active clients put 5 paisa on Top 10 Stock Broker in India Ranking. India Infoline, the parent company, was incorporated in 1995. IIFL group offers wide range of financial products through over 1000 branches. 5Paisa re-lunched in 2015.
- Flat brokerage of Rs 10 for Equity Cash, F&O and Currency derivative.
- 5paisa Robo Advisory
- Online Trading – Trade in Stocks, Futures & Options and Currencies at NSE and BSE.
- Free Mutual Fund Investment Account and automated personalized advisory to invest in Mutual Fund.
- Single app for all investment – Equity Trading & mutual fund investment , IPO
- Online Insurance –term, life, auto and health.
- Easy to use HTML base trading platform Web & Mobile.
#9: Motilal Oswal
When we discussed about Traditional Broker then MotitalOswal name top of the chart. Because of their research and Pan India presence. MotitalOswal started in 1987 and 3,77,123 active clients in 2020 ( Source : NSE )
- 2000 + Active Sub Broker Network in Pan India
- Best in house Research Team
- Rs 30 – 100 per lot option trading brokerage rates.
- 01% – 0.04% Future trading brokerage rates.
- Web App , Desktop App , Mobile App with Smart Watch Support
- Margin Funding facility
Rating : 4/ 5 ( Relatively high brokerage Compare to Discount Broker Company )
#10: Axis Securities
Axis direct is Brand name of Axis Securities , one more Banking Broker enjoy Position in top 10 share broker in India. Thanks to its Banking arm cashing high net worth clients and corporate salary accounts in to Broking business. Axis Bank acquire Enam securities and started its Broking Business in 2010.
- 3 – in – 1 account
- Zero Brokerage in Intraday Sq up in Option Market and Rs 10 per lot if carry forward
- 01% to 0.03% Intraday Brokerage
- Swift Trader and Axis Web Trading Terminal
- 20 Bunch of Products
- Research report and investment ideas
- Learn and Earn – Knowledge Series
- Strong Branch Network
Rating : 4 / 5 ( High Brokerage compare to Discount Broker , average Trading Terminal )
You can also read – Compare Discount Brokers in India
Are you Trader or Investor ? – Still Confused which is best Broker for you allow us to help you – Request Call Back
Compare the best share broking companies in India from the list of top 20 or 50 and their online trading platform for MCX, forex, and commodity trading.