* Mum on FDI, Narendra Modi asks traders to compete Modern stores.
* Hopeful & Thankful: e-commerce cos hail Narendra Modi for advocating tech push in retail.
* eBays investment in Snapdeal signals consolidation in e-commerce industry.
* Branded Supermarkets sell their own tablet PC brands.
* Airports more profitable destination:Foreign fashion labels eye airport shops for India entry.
* F&B industry gearing up for 29th edition of Aahar, commencing March 10.
* Blackstone agrees to buy 20% of Versace for $287m.
* Arvind targets Rs 100 cr with the launch of premium suits.
* Cold food chain maker, Bitzer aims to double business in India in next five years.
* ICICI, Cafe Coffee Day tie up for skill training.
* Rural consumers spending more than urban peers: Credit Suisse report.
* Kedaara Capital in talks to invest up to $70 mn in Mahindra Logistics.
* Canon India offers longer warranties to fight online retailers.
* LG focuses on AC segment to aim for Rs 2,500-cr turnover !.
* LOreal to make products from scratch for Indian consumers.
* New US food labels would highlight calories, sugar.